Sunday, June 9, 2013

"You're all going to die down here"

     I remember when I was a boy I would leave to go catch the school bus, no cell phones, tablets, iPods, etc, and not see or talk to my parents until I got home in the afternoon. I would interact socially, in person, with my friends during and after school. Now, we socialize from our computers and phones, we can have our food delivered and we can even work from home. In addition, the two most important things to the survival of the human race are the two most expensive things here in the U.S; healthcare and education.

     Add it all up and you have a recipe for disaster. Not to mention the fact that new laws are being created to govern the technology we have imposed upon ourselves. We are monitored by Big Brother whether you know it or want to believe it. The U.S. is slowly becoming the communist Russia of old.

     And, as technology gets more advanced, our houses will know when we leave, our cars already tell anyone where we are, the number of cameras in use will quadruple and we will continue to be arrested for thinking and saying the wrong thing. As our children and grandchildren grow up in  world where writing is becoming obsolete and their existence depends on tech gadgets, we can only hope for a worldwide blackout.

No comments:

Post a Comment